Guidelines or Rules that every user should follow here on the Rise of the Guardians Wiki.
Note: Everyone should read this page before editing articles or leaving messages.
- Do not vandalize or take away necessary information in articles and other things and add unnecessary information. It will be erased immediately by our rollback!
- Don't be mean, inappropriate or immature to others or on the wiki. There are kids that visit this site.
- Edit pages and contribute videos, photos, and pages!
- Do not make pages that have no relation to Rise of the Guardians or The Guardians of Childhood series.
- Do not create a page with false information about the topic of the wiki.
- No cyberbullying! It hurts people and it loses the population on our wiki.
- No spamming or chainmailing! Spamming means that you post a comment multiple times just to receive points and achievements on the wiki. When you spam, you will be banned for a day.
- Do not edit other users' pages. They can only edit their page and if you wanted to, you must ask for permission. Lots of people on all wikis do this. Please do not do this on our wiki.
- No profanity. Words such as "Hell" or "Damn" is not acceptable. Consistent use of profanity may result in being banned from this wiki.
- Inserting sexually explicit content or pictures can get you banned anywhere from a month up to a permanent ban.
- Removing content based on your dislike of a particular pairing or any other topic is considered vandalism.
- Please do not add unneeded categories or duplicate pages or you'll get blocked.
- Do not remove or tamper with the templates. You'll be blocked.
- Do not plagiarize any page, copy and paste information off other sites. Leave a reference link at the bottom of the page, however if any user (counting in admins) will be blocked as this not only goes against Wikia policy but internet policy as well. Continuous plagiarism could lead to serious punishment.
- When updating another wiki, please asked before taking information from any page. Our users and admins have spend their time to make this wiki grow and it will be unfair for them to have their job taken without any credit.
- Wikia rules state that users under the age of 13 are not allowed to make accounts or enter chat. This will lead to a few-years ban until further notice. If the user is still interested once they reach 13, they are allowed to enter Wikia again.
- No headcanons or fan-base information on this wiki are allowed. If you take interest, please visit the Rise of the Guardians Fanfiction Wiki or the Rise of the Guardians Role Play Wiki, where all fanon information is accepted, for this wiki is a fact-only, official-character base where people can collaborate and edit.
- Do not edit what you don't know. If you spot a mistake, try your best to fix it or inform a friend if you are not confident.
- If you are a new user, please start off editing small (spell-check errors, report vandalism, etc.).
- It is very recommendable to add in edit summaries.
- Do not create a page/category if you are uncertain how to edit.
- Read some of the editing rules if you require more details before editing an article.
When uploading an image to the wiki, please give the image a name that relates to the image itself rather than multiple random numbers or letters that the file name may have taken when it was saved. For example:
- Incorrect: Tumblr_mbphn0yzkC1rtqwfvo1_500.png
- Incorrect: 543520 573948415962834 645225523 n.jpg
- Correct: Rise-guardians-disneyscreencaps com-5167.jpg
- Correct: Jack creates a snowball.png
Also ensure that the image that is being uploaded is not already on the wiki under a different name.
There are several file extensions that can be uploaded to the wiki, with the most common being .JPG and .PNG. Due to its lossless data compression, .PNG files are generally preferable.
Animated .GIFs are disallowed on articles due to their lack of purpose and distractive quality. If a still image is insufficient to illustrate the text it accompanies, then one should consider rewriting the text to better convey the intended message.
Every non-free image is used on Rise of the Guardians Wiki under the auspices of the fair use doctrine of the United States Fair use law. This means that they are used for informational/educational purposes, meant to identify the subject of an article and to illustrate something directly relevant to the text in its immediate vicinity.
Types of images
- Images, with few exceptions (voice actors, production crew), should come from Rise of the Guardians and The Guardians of Childhood movies, books and video games.
- Do not upload fan art or manipulations (altered or combined images).
- Avoid uploading multiple pictures of the same scene, or the same character, for no reason. If they are not used in articles to illustrate examples found within the text, then they serve no purpose.
Formats and cropping
- Non-free images must remain unaltered. Changing colors, adding watermarks, text, or making montages that corrupt the copyright owners' original work is considered to be an infringement.
- The only exception to this happens when, in the lack of appropriate screenshots, we must resort to concept art images to depict a character in its respective infobox. In such case, altering the image to remove or alter its background is acceptable for aesthetic reasons.
- Enhancing the colors levels, shading, brightness, contrast, and/or alpha of non-free images should only be done so as to improve their overall quality.
- Screenshots should preferably be submitted in their original ratio (4:3 or 16:9), unless they could benefit from cropping.
- If an image contains empty space or elements other than the subject being depicted, the image should be cropped to isolate the subject with respect given to the guidelines concerning closeups.
- Full pages from a comic, or a series of panels, should not be uploaded, unless they illustrate a key moment of a character. In all other cases, the events should be summarized.
- The image should be of the highest quality available. HD screen-captures are preferred, with other formats being secondary. In the case of duplicate images, the highest quality image is kept.
- Compression artifacts or aliasing problems are not a reason to substitute a DVD/HD capture with a different shot, but they are grounds to replace it with the same shot without such flaws.
- The infobox image should depict the character's most recognizable likeness, unless consensus dictates otherwise.
- Extreme facial close-ups, or extreme background shots of characters, should be avoided.
Replacing (overwriting an image) can take place when the original file is of low resolution/quality. In this case, the original picture must be replaced by the exact same version (with better quality).
Message Wall/Blog Rules
- Accept the opinions of others.
- Agree to disagree.
- Do not make pointless blog posts.
- Do not talk about any disturbing topics.
- No cyberbullying (no name calling, making fun of, bullying, intimidating).
- Do not put down other users.
- Blog posts cannot contain inappropriate content.
- Do not offend users.
- Do not give out personal information.
- No inappropriate language/profanity.
- Do not add in personal information on your user page.
- User pages are strictly allowed only for personal likes and interests, but nothing else is needed.
- Do not use this as a chance to discriminate, exclude or compare other characters with others because we give you the freedom to say what's on your mind.
- Do not offend other users and indirectly call them out on your user page.
- Do not attempt to write an extremely long description of a character, as their own page is already added onto the wiki, but if you wish for your opinion to be spoken, please post a blog post as it is the easiest way for us to see what's new.
- Admins cannot use previous blocks in a different category against a user who is misbehaving in another category. For example, if a user vandalizes they get a warning. If the same user curses in a comment, they get another warning because it is in a different category. But if you vandalize or break a rule on the wiki again in the same category, we will give the user something called a "Not Again" slip. It means you're on probation and if you break a rule again even in a different category, you will be banned for a month.
- Registered users are allowed to negotiate with an admin if they are blocked without a warning. The admins will do something about it.
- Any anonymous users who vandalizes, post inappropriate comments, or bullies anyone will be blocked. Anonymous users will only get warnings in certain cases, determined by an admin or admins.
- All registered users will get warnings before being blocked. Every user is entitled to a warning although some exceptions will be made. If we can tell that you are continuously disregarding these rules and guidelines and purposely going against them for "fun", we may not warn you. But, beware.
* Note: The admins and other helpers of the community try their best to make content on the Rise of the Guardians Wiki as credible as they can. Please do not purposely edit pages and add false information or replace true information with false information. To help our community, please contact an admin if you see anything that may have been vandalized or seems untrue before editing it yourself. Thank you.